Friday, February 5, 2010

Dec. 29, 2008

.Burning Bridges.

the days have drifted by, sometimes far too slowly, from that moment so many years ago. the memories have faded, and our laughter has silenced. though you still fill my head, it's become a different kind of pain...one where i no longer love you. the bridges that lead me to you, i have taken a torch to and cut you from my life. so why, i ask, why try to come back into my life now? i no longer hold hatred for you in my heart, more so pity. you once meant everything to mean. now i live freely and happy without you by my side.
so, take the memories, and hide them in your heart. but that life that we once shared can never be the same.
with all its pain, thank you for teaching me about life and love, hatred and remorse. thank you for teaching me pain....now that those days are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment